Kate Allan

The online diary of Kate Allan, author

Sunday, May 22, 2005

Editing

There is a certain joy in editing. Taking a page and working on it to make the words better, the sense clearer, playing with pace, shuffling sentences, creating new dialogue, sharpening point-of-view...

Nothing however, compares to the joy of finishing editing a novel.

I'm not at that joy yet with THE RAKE. With luck I might be able to get it done by the end of next weekend. Once I'm done I can get back to kicking off properly the writing of THE ASSASIN.

2 Comments:

  • At 10:02 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I have much more joy when I finished editing than during the process. And I like starting on new projects afterwards.

     
  • At 7:24 am, Blogger Kate Allan said…

    Yes. Not having had a chance to do do any brand new writing for a while is very frustrating. :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home