Kate Allan

The online diary of Kate Allan, author

Saturday, January 01, 2005

Happy new year!

Now that I've had two cups of coffee, the sensations caused by drinking too much champagne too late last night have faded. As my husband is still asleep, and his plans for later today involve going to a DIY shop (or three) I should really try and make some progress on BIRDS* - my mainstream women's fiction novel - and get my writing year off to a good start.

Last year was a cracking writing year. My new year's resolution for 2004 was to 'get published', and I did. In fact I sold two of my novels.

My key writing resolution for 2005 is to get BIRDS written and then try and get an agent.


* Code name. Because book titles aren't copyright I'd rather not share the real titles of works-in-progress in the public domain.

2 Comments:

  • At 1:48 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Congratulations on getting published in 2004. I hope 2005 is just as fruitful.

    Happy New Year!

    Nikki-ann
    www.nikki-ann.co.uk

     
  • At 8:07 pm, Blogger Julie Cohen said…

    Happy new year, Kate! Hope 2005 is as exciting and productive as 2004 for you. And good luck with your blog, too...they're rather addictive I find.

    Love
    Julie
    www.julie-cohen.com

     

Post a Comment

<< Home