Kate Allan

The online diary of Kate Allan, author

Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Done and dusted

I've finished checking the line edits for Perfidy and Perfection. Huzzah! One reason which made the time taken the greater was the checking of historical facts and etymology of word usage. Even with google and my ordinary reference library at one's fingertips, eventhing you want to double-check is at least a five minute effort. Then there is the fact that every thirty to forty minutes I have to take a break - even if it's just to get a cup of coffee or go and check my emails for a few minutes.

Now that's done my next urgent writing priority is the RNA New Writers Scheme report I still have outstanding on a manuscript. I feel really bad because I've had the script for over a month and I read it and started writing up a report, but then had to drop it to get these copy edits checked. When I was a participant in the New Writers Scheme myself I remember the nail-biting and my own impatience to get my script back, and tried to tell myself that real authors are busy with real authoring but I didn't quite believe it. My script was important, dammit! Now I'm on the other side of the fence all I can say to my poor NWS submitter is sorry. With Hale you have two weeks to check line edits and return with any further corrections and queries and your deadline is contracted and not movable.

Advertising
Eagle-eyed blog readers will have noticed the advertising on the side bar of this blog. I signed up with the Google Adwords programme. If any of the advertisers look tempting, please do click-through and have a quick look as, in theory, I receive a few cents for every person directed from here. I shall let you know how it goes.

3 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home