Kate Allan

The online diary of Kate Allan, author

Friday, January 28, 2005

Late night update

Writing:
Actually started by writing 3 pages of BIRDS. After going on ad nauseum last night about the critical importance of snappy opening to grab attention, I suddenly had this idea on the train home today for the opening of BIRDS, and so just thought I had better at least try and sketch it out fresh. I'm reserving judgment for now, but it could work. It's not conventional in terms of novel openings is the thing.

Then, I turned to JOURNEY and managed to finish edits on chapter 8, which means I only have two chapters to go - but there is quite a bit of rewriting required, so... the end is in sight, but not immediately imminent. Remind me never to try and salvage a story in as bad a shape as this one was again.


2 Comments:

  • At 1:30 am, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Good luck on the new opening of BIRDS, Kate!

    Michelle

     
  • At 12:31 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Kate, I'd rather start something new than fix something that's wrong any day! LOL.

    Suzanne

     

Post a Comment

<< Home