Kate Allan

The online diary of Kate Allan, author

Thursday, June 02, 2005

All's right with the world

As I walking to the station this morning a small blackbird hopped along the edge of the pavement, happy for me to walk past her without flapping her wings in a panic and flying away. I was reminded of the lines from a Browning poem - 'God is in his heaven. All's right with the world.'

The online book launch party was lovely. Thank you to everyone who came along and joined in. The real book launch party is in London next Monday, so there is just that to panic about now, yet I am hit by this curious sense of serenity*. The waiting, the anticipating is kind of over. Now I can relax**. :)

*Maybe because yesterday I heard from Hale about pre-orders to date, and worked out that we've earned out our advance!
** Until I remember how behind I am with the edits for THE RAKE.

2 Comments:

  • At 12:48 pm, Blogger Alex Bordessa said…

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     
  • At 12:51 pm, Blogger Alex Bordessa said…

    Thank you for the blog party. A great idea. Have a great time with the actual launch party next Monday :-)

    I see that The Lady Soldier is now featured on the HNS website front page!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home