Kate Allan

The online diary of Kate Allan, author

Saturday, August 13, 2005

Boundaries

Sometimes you have to step outside your comfort zone. The radio interview on John Pilgrim’s show on Monday went quite well but if you’d seen me ten minutes before I shut myself in the small room ready to be telephoned up for it, you would have thought I was a nervous groom on his wedding day. I was pacing up and down, shaking, feeling slightly sick and faint, even – wringing my hands. (I never wring my hands).

Part of it was simply not knowing what to expect. Now I do, I know next time will be easier.

It’s the same with writing. We can write what we know we can write – what’s easy because we’ve done it before. But to move on, perhaps we have to do what it takes to try and write what we don’t yet know we can write.

Meanwhile:

Join in The Lady Soldier book group online

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home