Kate Allan

The online diary of Kate Allan, author

Monday, January 03, 2005

At this rate of knots...

It's still not cold enough to be winter! I have the window wide open.

Writing:
Yesterday I managed about 500 words of BIRDS, which means... I'm not writing it fast enough. I need to start thinking along the lines of producing 3,000 words a week if I want to get it near to being finished by April. This means I need to write for an hour a day. However, because I work full time and have a long commute I am typically out of the house 12-14 hours a day. An hour an day sounds like so little but I somehow need to find it.

I also must, in the next two weeks, sort out the final problems with JOURNEY* and send the full manscript off to Dundee (DC Thomson). I suspect, because I have already completely rewritten JOURNEY and its still not right, it might have been easier to start from stratch than take an old story and try and bring it up to standard. I think, for my next story for them, this is what I shall do.

* JOURNEY is a short romantic suspense novel set in the Regency period, which I queried with DC Thomson for their My Weekly Story Collection series last year, and they requested to see the full manuscript.
DC Thomson are publishing my short novel A NOTORIOUS DECEPTION, again a romantic suspense set in the Regency period, probably later this year.


1 Comments:

  • At 2:47 pm, Blogger Kate said…

    Hey fellow-eharler, good luck on the submission to DC Thomson. . . (and thanks for the tag in my journal. Blogging is addictive though. not so much the writing as the reading of 'em)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home