Kate Allan

The online diary of Kate Allan, author

Friday, January 14, 2005

Lost sense of time

I seem to have missed most of today by being asleep. An evil cold which started yesterday meant I thought I'd better stay at home than go to work. It was impossible to get out of bed at 6.30am, or 7.30am. Finally I managed to get up at 8.30am and drink a cup of tea before collapsing again.

Got up for about an hour mid morning but then decided I was better off in bed because moving about was so painful.

Then I woke up. My alarm clock said 5.30 but I had no idea whether it was 5.30 in the afternoon or in the morning. A very strange feeling. I shall try and remember how disorientating it felt in case I ever need to use it in a story.
Then I heard cars outside, but to be sure checked the computer. 5.30pm.

My throat feels like I've swallowed a packet of razors and it's difficult to talk or swallow. I've managed some frozen yoghurt and think I should try and do something lest the day is utterly wasted. But even the muscles in my fingers are hurting as I type this.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home