Kate Allan

The online diary of Kate Allan, author

Monday, January 10, 2005

Websites.... so time consuming!

Spent hours at the weekend messing about setting up a new author e-mail group to talk about marketing and promotions. Then, after thinking marketing it made me realise the Jennifer Lindsay website needed 'more'. So more hours and hours... Ended up going to bed very late last night.

It was warm today. Warm enough to nip out for a coffee without bothering to yank my heavy coat on. Athough I got rained on as I went out without my brolly. And then dripped all over my keyboard in a rather alarming fashion!

Writing:
Train-writing today added probably about 300 words to the scene in BIRDS I am working on. Great scene. So visual I actually wish I could go there and really be there, not have to make do with simply imagining it. Also, there are a couple of pages written from the still observation of what is going on, and although it's deep in character point-of-view I had the opportunity to almost describe the action as if it were on television.

I shall almost certainly finish that scene, train-written, tomorrow. And I know what scene is coming next so I can then get straight on with that. Haven't thought yet though what's best, sequentially, to happen after that.

So I might then go back to trying to face the repairs to the plot hole in JOURNEY.

Sounds like a vague writing plan for the week, though I am out and about quite a bit, so am not sure realistically how much I am going to get done.

4 Comments:

  • At 7:16 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Vague or not at least it's a plan that keeps you moving in the right direction. Congratulations on the interview too, and don't worry about adding angst to your blog; it's cathartic :)

    easywriter

     
  • At 6:02 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Have you thought that if you didn't blog, you would have more time for writing? I don't mean that your blog isn't interesting, because it is, but if writing time is precious and limited, other things have to go.

     
  • At 6:54 pm, Blogger Kate Allan said…

    I thought for ages that a blog would be too time consuming to keep up, but so far it's using less than 10 mins a day. The real secret to having more time is... not watching TV. :)

     
  • At 3:38 am, Blogger JulieA said…

    Kate,

    I agree with you. I am a published writer in the states. I am also writing a daily blog. It seems to take almost no effort to write the blog, I in fact in enjoy it a great deal. I think it helps when writing my manuscripts. Keep it up, I enjoy your blog. Also kudos to you for writing on the train.

    Julie

     

Post a Comment

<< Home