Kate Allan

The online diary of Kate Allan, author

Friday, April 01, 2005

The Lady Soldier is an amazon fast seller!!!

I posted this post first at 1.57pm this afternoon in deep shock / surprise because I'd looked at The Lady Soldier on amazon.co.uk and it had a sales ranking of 1,268! What?! Shock that it had a sales ranking at all - it's only just gone up on amazon after there was some delay with Robert Hale's fiction catalogue - and double shock to see it with such a high ranking.

Research into amazon sales ranking showed that the top 10,000 sellers are updated hourly on past 24 hours sales. Ok.

Then I remembered I'd e-mailed some close friends yesterday to let them know the book was up on amazon now. And a friend had e-mailed me back to say that he'd ordered it. The first sale I was sure and I e-mailed him to say so. Thanks, old friend! :)

Then author Kate Walker was kind enough to inform me that Thursday and Fridays are slow amazon sales days - hence just a few sales can produce these spikes.

In the meantime I e-mail Michelle. Maybe it's an April Fool but she has to see the amazon ranking... quick! It's a mirage maybe, any moment it might disappear.

Now, I am at work trying to do a million and one things before the week draws to a close, and the next thing is that the sales ranking has gone up to 835!

So this is one day in the UK on one online bookseller, but my book, based on pre-orders has made it into the top thousand amazon fast sellers. What?!

And then Michelle reminded me that the Newcastle Journal's Culture magazine came out this week with their interview of Michelle Styles, co-author of The Lady Soldier, and also the competition to win copies. Can't wait to read the article!

So... the spike explained. I think.

8 Comments:

  • At 3:44 pm, Blogger Tess said…

    Way cool, Kate!!! Mega congrats :-) Will it be released in North America as well?

     
  • At 10:56 pm, Blogger Alex Bordessa said…

    Well done! Sound like the book will be fairly flying off the shelves

     
  • At 11:41 pm, Blogger Kate Allan said…

    Tess - yes, it's available on general distribution in the US so if you ask a bookshop or library they'll be able to get a copy. I was told that there is usually a delay of a month or two before it appears on amazon.com / barnesandnoble.com etc

     
  • At 7:47 pm, Blogger JulieA said…

    Wonderful news!! Thanks for reminding me that I need to order it.
    How do I get the book plate again?
    Thanks, Julie

     
  • At 9:28 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Wow! That's huge! Major congratulations! Kate, do you know when the book gets in the US bookstores? Once again, bravo!

     
  • At 11:30 pm, Blogger Tess said…

    Kate - LOL - I'm in Canada, not the US *g*. Will have to ask at my local indie if they can order a copy for me the next time I'm in there :-)

     
  • At 11:42 pm, Blogger Kate Allan said…

    Tess - whoops! Not sure if Canada bookstores can get it. You'd have to ask. It will be on amazon.ca for sure.

    Olga - not sure to be honest. Maybe ask your local bookstore to look it up on their system and let me know! It's supposed to be available worldwide from 31st May, but I was told there are sometimes a few weeks days with international distribution.

    JulieA - send your mail address to Jennifer Lindsay from jenniferlindsay.com

     
  • At 11:39 am, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I shall wait for next Thursday to place my order then!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home