Kate Allan

The online diary of Kate Allan, author

Saturday, March 26, 2005

Quick update

It's two weeks since I last posted an update for BIRDS so thought I'd do so now. At least the pace has picked up slightly to 1,500 words a week - that would mean I'll be finishing the first draft around a year from now!

Er... still not good enough so my goal is to get at least another 1,000 words done by end of Monday. Unfortunately I don't have as much free time as I'd like over the holiday weekend.

BIRDS progress update:
Words written: 18,373
Words to go: 100,000ish

2 Comments:

  • At 11:59 am, Blogger Alex Bordessa said…

    I was trying to find out about when BIRDS was set and so was scanning your previous blogs. One of them said you wanted to see bi-planes close up. Don't know if you solved the problem, but I immediately thought of the Shuttleworth Collection at Old Warden in Bedfordshire. I went there with a school trip many years ago, and suspect things may have changed a little since then, but they are still: "The Shuttleworth Collection home of the 'Edwardian Flying Machines'!" http://www.shuttleworth.org/shuttleworth/index.htm

    Keep up the good work on BIRDS

     
  • At 7:17 pm, Blogger Kate Allan said…

    Gosh... I went to Shuttleworth years ago (had a 'thing' about old planes for as long as I can remember) but I think you're right and it's worth a revisit soon!

    BIRDS is set from 1790s up to the present day.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home