Kate Allan

The online diary of Kate Allan, author

Sunday, March 20, 2005

Sniff, oh dear

I've developed since yesterday an awful head cold. Not even Lemsip Max Strength is enough to keep it at bay, and I really, really wanted to write today. And so far I've done nothing.

It's reassuring to read some real life intruding into writer's blogs: Wendy Wootton has also had a cold. Kate Hardy found some fetching deely boppers. Even more distressing is that Anna Lucia has become a newt fancier.

Sela Carsen is over the moon because her husband has purchased her a butter dish. Earlier this week, McVane found her lost wedding ring. Diana Peterfreund bought a new car, Lydia Joyce posted some snow pictures and Riemannia has been skiing.

Lady Tess tried but didn't manage to get U2 tickets. Nell Dixon has been waiting for the postman who doesn't deliver. And Shadowrtr is back from her short vacation.

I'm not procrastinating from writing. Really, I'm not... ;)

10 Comments:

  • At 4:07 pm, Blogger Sela Carsen said…

    LOL!! That really does sounds pathetic of me! Feel better soon, Kate.

     
  • At 8:08 pm, Blogger Kate Allan said…

    Sela - romance is in the detail and in the thoughtfulness behind it.

     
  • At 8:41 pm, Blogger Nell Dixon said…

    Hugs on the cold, hope you feel better soon. Echinea is very good from the herbal shop.

     
  • At 11:27 am, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Kate, I hope you'll feel better soon.
    I have a suggestion. There'll be an online auction held by a romance author where the proceeds will go to juvenile diabetes research. If you donate a signed book, your name with a website will be up there, could be a promo for a good cause. In case you're interested, swim by my blog (I have the link and more info in my last post) or drop me a line.

     
  • At 7:43 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hope you feel better soon, Kate! I still have my cold, and it's been very slow to come to full awfulness, so I'm wondering if we got it from the same source, at the RNA meeting?

     
  • At 7:54 pm, Blogger Sela Carsen said…

    No fair, Emily -- that's cheating! ;-)

    Wafting eucalyptus vapor over the Pond. Heal already, people!

     
  • At 8:28 am, Blogger Alex Bordessa said…

    Hello Kate,

    I've just found your blog. Hope you're starting to feel better.There's a lot of nasty bugs around at the moment.

    I'm eagerly awaiting the publication of your book, btw

     
  • At 3:07 pm, Blogger Tess said…

    Kate - hope you're feeling better soon :-)

    Sela - my dh once bought me a tape dispenser for my b-day. The clerk thought he was nuts. Of course, it matched the book theme of my office, but still. I LOVE it!

     
  • At 12:09 am, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    As for things happening to writers this week, I'd like to add I managed to crash my computer, and then my husband's. Ouch.

    Hope you feel better soon!

     
  • At 7:20 pm, Blogger Kate Allan said…

    Better now! Thanks all. :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home