Kate Allan

The online diary of Kate Allan, author

Saturday, March 05, 2005

Saturdays and military uniforms

One of the nice things about Saturdays is that I at least get a chance to write in my blog, and catch up on my non-urgent e-mails. However, this weekend I must finish proofing THE LADY SOLDIER, and write up at least of one of my new scenes for BIRDS, even if only sketchily.

I've just confirmed that I'm giving a lecture at the International Napoleonic Fair on 3rd April. (It's a talk but I guess they want it to sound serious. I shall try and be serious.) Unbelievably it's actually held in St Albans, Hertfordshire, where I live. I'm really looking forward to seeing the various re-enactors and I hope they will let me examine their uniforms and let me ask them about their experiences - e.g. what do the clothes feel like to wear? I've spent all day in a late 18th century design boned corset, and my that was an experience! But it would be useful to get some first-hand info about Napoleonic military uniforms. All the ones I've seen have been in glass cases.

1 Comments:

  • At 1:59 pm, Blogger Tess said…

    Oooh Kate - that's really cool! Would love to be able to hear you speak, but, alas, being on the opposite side of the pond makes it a tad difficult. What are you speaking about?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home