Kate Allan

The online diary of Kate Allan, author

Saturday, February 26, 2005

Ah! The Proofs! The Proofs!

The postman kindly delivered this morning a package sent down from Northumberland by the other half of Jennifer Lindsay, Michelle Styles, and inside are the printer's proofs for THE LADY SOLDIER. So this is it, the last bastion before the book goes to print, and then whatever typos left in it are delightfully noticed by readers as evidence of incompetence forevermore.

Ok, I need a cup of coffee, very strong, and a ruler...

I suggest you leave me to it, and go and amuse yourself somewhere else in blogland. Here's a great collection of blogs on Roman Times maintained by Mary Harrsch, including a great archive of books and novels of the ancient world.

3 Comments:

  • At 3:14 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Happy reading! It must be exciting to have the proofs finally.

     
  • At 5:36 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Have fun Kate! I was pleasantly surprised. There are places where I thought -- uh maybe in the mss form, and when I saw them in the proofs, I thought -- yes damn it, this is a good book.

    ~Michelle Styles whose mind was jelly when she finished with her ruler. Now all I can do is bite my nails and see if *The Last Bastion* finds any other mistakes...

     
  • At 2:12 am, Blogger Kate Allan said…

    Thanks Michelle and Michelle!

    Yes, it is rather exciting seeing the book as it will look in print.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home