Kate Allan

The online diary of Kate Allan, author

Sunday, February 20, 2005

Another Roman town

We've had the ancient city of Carthage on this blog, and when I'm really bored and there is nothing happening I'll probably start posting stuff about where I live - St Albans (next door to the old Roman capital of England, Verulamium) However, the big NEWS at the moment is nothing to do with me but all about Cirencester where the RNA had its 'Write From The Heart' workshop yesterday.

I wasn't there, but authorbloggers Penny Jordan and Julie Cohen were, and so was the BBC!

International best-selling author Penny Jordan has posted super details of her talk on 'plotting the mainstream novel' (Read it and learn!), and now I'm just waiting for Julie Cohen to spill the beans on her blog and read what she said in her talk on 'writing the naughty bits' that the BBC was able to film... (Come on, Julie! Some of us are stuck in the Home Counties under skitterish snow that's freezing but not bothering to settle.)

Writing:
I managed a couple of hundred words of BIRDS yesterday. Pathetic, I know. Am going to sit down later tonight and try and finish the scene I'm on, even if it's sketchy.

PS:
It occured to me today that Tony (the hero of THE LADY SOLIDER and in red below) seems to bear a passing resemblence to John McEnroe?

3 Comments:

  • At 9:37 am, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi, Kate!
    Finally found your blog, and it's really cool. Thanks for useful links and all the info.
    Lita-Olga.

     
  • At 8:41 pm, Blogger Julie Cohen said…

    You're right, he does look a bit like McEnroe. But that's a good thing. JM is hot.

    I haven't spilled the beans about my seminar on my site--yet--but I have posted a Hugh Jackman photo. :-)

     
  • At 8:34 pm, Blogger Sam said…

    Hi Kate,
    Good luck on Birds -
    I saw Cirencester and had to stop -Used to live nearby! My husband played polo there and we spent every summer for over ten years in England. I just love that area, and still have loads of friends there, so I'm very envious of you over there in England!
    Jennifer

     

Post a Comment

<< Home