Kate Allan

The online diary of Kate Allan, author

Tuesday, February 08, 2005

emotional angst moment

Oh help.

I've just come home from work to see the cover sketch, beautifully presented in colour by the artist for THE LADY SOLDIER. What is Michelle Styles, my co-author, going to think? What do I think? I'm not sure I even know. How can I love and hate it and be utterly indecisive at the same time???

This is my first novel which will be published. Do other authors get like this? Or it is just me?

It's only a book cover. Why does it matter so much?

3 Comments:

  • At 11:04 pm, Blogger Kate Allan said…

    Thanks. :)
    I think, if I ask nicely, hopefully my publisher will let me post the cover sketch on here. (I'm not sure if the artist needs to say its ok etc).

     
  • At 7:39 am, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Kate --

    The cover is fine. It conveys a lot and will appeal to both men and women.
    But I know what you mean about loving and hating it at the same time.

    It is something to be very prouf of.

    ~Michelle

     
  • At 3:11 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hello Kate, Congratulations! I can understand the worries and excitement you must have regarding the cover of your book. It is after all, the very first thing a potential reader sees. It must be quite normal for authors to feel concern over the packaging. It does, after all, cover something very close to your heart; your very own book, that you worked on dilligently, fretted over and struggled with at times. At one point Sandra Scopptone
    talks about the cover to her latest book as well. You may find that post interesting. Here is her URL http://www.sandrascoppettone.blogspot.com/

    I hope you are allowed to post the sketch here. I'm really interested in seeing it.

    easywriter

     

Post a Comment

<< Home