Kate Allan

The online diary of Kate Allan, author

Monday, February 28, 2005

Heritage and Flashman

Yesterday evening, in a sudden flurry of passion, I wrote a short piece for my local newspaper, The St Albans Observer, comparing the ancient city of Carthage, where I was in last month, to the Roman city of Verulamium, next door to where I live. When it comes down to brass tacks, Verulamium just does not cut the mustard. And it could do. The museum is very good, but the rest is... well, under fields mostly, or being repaired after vandalism. And no one has heard of the Roman theatre.

Better news today... I'm reviewing the new Flashman, Flashman on the March by George MacDonald Fraser, for the Historical Novels Review. Never read a Flashman. I hear such great things, it had better be fun.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home