Kate Allan

The online diary of Kate Allan, author

Monday, June 06, 2005

Nerves, great ain't they?

A rather quiet weekend, writing wise, although I was pleased today to get finished a manuscript report for the RNA New Writers Scheme. Tomorrow evening is the launch party for The Lady Soldier in London. Should be fun but I'm rather terrified to be honest... and I still haven't decided what to wear. Should I go for smart and simple, or something a little more bohemian?

At the moment my brown and orange patchwork skirt is calling me... It's funny because I bought it a couple of years ago from a boutique in France, and have worn it to a couple of weddings where it probably raised an eyebrow or two, but now this type of thing seems to be mainstream fashion. I was just noticing on the tube last week how many women were wearing these long, ruffly type skirts (or boho skirts as I think they are properly called). I think I'll probably wear my best 1970s vintage cream silk shirt with it.

4 Comments:

  • At 5:31 am, Blogger Lis said…

    Enjoy the party Kate! :o)
    Sounds like a beautiful skirt. Go with what calls to you, it'll probably help make you feel more comfortable and less terrified about it all! *g*

     
  • At 6:27 am, Blogger Julie Cohen said…

    Have a wonderful time! I'm sure it will be a great success.

     
  • At 3:59 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Best wishes for a good launch party tonight. I'm sure your will look fabulous in your boho chic.

     
  • At 4:15 pm, Blogger Nell Dixon said…

    Have a great time!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home