Kate Allan

The online diary of Kate Allan, author

Sunday, November 13, 2005

Mutton pie

A small bit of progress made on the wip today except what with radicially altering the start of the story I think I've cut as many words as I've written - about 300 each way. Does not sound much but it's stuff to a quality I'm happy with and I've got to listen to the Kaiser Chiefs album several times while I'm working. What I do have now is chapter one in reasonable enough shape for me to leave it for now and move on and write the key new scenes I need for chapter two.

No ham sandwich in the wip so far, but I did get in a reference to a mutton pie. It came to me that it would be perfect for one of my characters to have a fondness and a half for fast-food (Regency-style of course).

3 Comments:

  • At 10:57 am, Blogger Diane said…

    I find I want to write something historical so I can refer to mutton pie and ham sandwiches too. (But I have too much on to start anything new at the moment.) Next time I do write something historical, though, I think I'll nip along here first for tips and places to research. :o)

     
  • At 10:58 am, Blogger Diane said…

    That should have said that I "now" find myself wanting to write something - after reading it here first!

     
  • At 10:15 pm, Blogger Kate Allan said…

    lol the problem is that I probably do too much research and not enough writing at the moment!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home