Kate Allan

The online diary of Kate Allan, author

Monday, November 07, 2005

New directions

New direction 1: I've done it. I've taken the plunge and kicked off the Marketing for Authors blog I've been thinking about for while.

New direction 2: My word count has not risen on the wip in recent days because I've started 'c version' of the manuscript. So 'b version' has been suspended at circa 10,000 words and I'm making a major plot change at the beginning which means that I need a new scene in chapter two (which I've started) to do a bit of cutting (which I mostly did yesterday). Most importantly I think I really am going to have to write the plot down somewhere. I've bolded that so it'll guilt me into doing it. I dislike plotting because I find it very hard to do but avoidance won't work forever. A good story needs a good plot.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home