Kate Allan

The online diary of Kate Allan, author

Saturday, September 30, 2006

The politics of blogging

I'm not so interested in party politics to blog about it, but I'm interested in the internet and in marketing, and the launch today of "Webcameron" is, as a piece of marketing, brilliant.

The leader of the UK opposition party, David Cameron, has launched his own blog; not only does it show him as more youthful and up to date than Prime Minister Blair by implication of him being technologically up to date, there are even his young children getting in the way of his first broadcast. Oh, and he's by the kitchen sink, as if he's really just about to do the washing up and has just taken two minutes out to speak to us.

Ok, so I've just been teaching about fictional story construction in my novel writing class today... I'm too cynical...

2 Comments:

  • At 11:09 am, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    As it is my wont, I feel I should point out that the LibDems are also trying their hands at this new interweb malarky:

    www.newtorylabour.org.uk

    It amused me anyway!

     
  • At 9:31 pm, Blogger Kate Allan said…

    No, not as funny as webcameron ;)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home