Kate Allan

The online diary of Kate Allan, author

Saturday, April 09, 2005

All's fair in love and war

'They say all's fair in love and war and it has certainly been a winning combination for a writer from St Albans,' writes Caroline Grant in this week's Herts Advertiser.

I picked up a copy in town earlier this morning. This was the result of Monday's telephone interview.

I received a lovely e-mail out of the blue from someone in the Historical Novels Society thanking me for mentioning the society in my interview for Writing Magazine, and I've also received an e-mail from someone I met at the Napoleonic Fair:

He writes, 'Just read your extract, excellent stuff!!! It will certainly be a "can't put it down," book. You have definately captured the essence of the time in your writing.'

Btw, I have the first chapter of The Lady Soldier as an e-mailable .pdf. If you would like a copy, please drop me an e-mail through my website.

This week been shockingly busy with the proper job and I really must spend some of today doing something of no merit whatsoever and try and break out of this time-guilt habit whereby I feel I should be doing something productive 24/7. I bought some DVDs from Woolworths and intend to fit at least two films in today.

1 Comments:

  • At 6:28 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Congratulations on all the wonderful publicity! Sounds like you're really on your way. :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home