Kate Allan

The online diary of Kate Allan, author

Tuesday, April 12, 2005

Charivari

Radio 4:
The journalist called today to check something and said that they were planning to put the Georgette Heyer piece out on this Friday's Women's Hour. I can't wait to hear what I sound like on the radio. Not too bad, I hope. You don't have to be in the UK to hear it as Radio 4 is available digitally from the BBC website.

Society of Authors:
I had a letter yesterday confirming I've been elected to the Society of Authors, and with the latest copy of their magazine, The Author enclosed. I shall try and get to their next London party. It all feels kind of historic and awe-inspiring to me that I should be allowed to join such an august organisation, founded in 1884, who's first president was Lord Tennyson.

Writing:
I've started the new wip! I find I have to have a title I'm happy with from the start. Something that kind of encapsulates the whole book. And I do, so I'm happy there.

I have to also have a generic title to refer to it in public, there not being copyright on titles and all that, so I'm going to refer to it as ASSASSIN as this is one of the key characters. It's basically a crime/thriller and I haven't written this genre before so the plan is to write the first 50 pages, and then query it. Nothing ventured...

So BIRDS goes on the backburner for now.

I doubt I shall make much progress this week as I'm currently busy editing some features for Solander, the magazine of the Historical Novels Society, which I must finish by the weekend.

5 Comments:

  • At 3:46 am, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Way to go, Kate! Congrats on being elected in such an honorable society and being on the radio! Great news!

     
  • At 7:26 am, Blogger Kate Allan said…

    Olga - *blush* you get elected automatically if you have a book contract.

     
  • At 3:31 pm, Blogger Alex Bordessa said…

    Good luck with your new WIP. Is it an historical?

    I shall be tuning into Woman's Hour on Radio 4 on Friday!

     
  • At 8:45 pm, Blogger Nell Dixon said…

    Yay! Good luck with the new wip, Kate. I just got my copy of writing magazine. I was so excited I announced to the long queue in WH Smith 'that's my friend she co-authored a fantastic book which is coming out in May.' They probably all thought I'd had to many of the free wine samples in M&S next door!

     
  • At 4:57 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Kate, it's still great news! (Though now it's my turn to blush). And best of luck with you new WIP!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home