Kate Allan

The online diary of Kate Allan, author

Wednesday, June 08, 2005

Knackered and new column

My launch party for The Lady Soldier on Monday was lovely. Full report and photos will be here on Thursday, promise.

It was a late night and then yesterday evening I had a work event and tonight I'm going to a party I really don't want to miss! Boat on the Thames, should be great, especially with the air in London today being so warm and dripping with sunshine. (Fingers crossed we go down to Greenwich and have the beautiful sights of the Cutty Sark and the Old Royal Naval College.)

I opened my post this morning which included the latest edition of Solander magazine, my first as Features Editor - I'm so pleased how all the articles I worked on look. It's also my first column, which was, to my surprise, on page 2. Thinking that columns are supposed to be opinionated and make people think, I've asked for a UK historical romance revival. Maybe some editor somewhere in some high place will think, yes... why not. Come on, you know you want to! How big is the new Pride & Prejudice movie going to be this autumn? Answer: very, very big!

4 Comments:

  • At 4:03 pm, Blogger lost said…

    Oh, I hope you're all right. I'm terrified of being on a boat on the thames at night after what happened during late 80s. I did attend a couple after the disaster, but I was too unnerved to enjoy myself. So no more. I hope you've had fun, though!

    Aargh. I'd love to get my mitts on that magazine. I'll have to track down my membership renewal reminder and renew it! Thanks for the heads up.

    re: UK historical romance revival - has there ever been one? I only know those that were published through Mills & Boon's historical range years ago.

    P&P - I have been hearing an interesting range of reactions to the film trailer. There are a lot of strange people out there, I have to say. One of them even said, "There is only ONE Darcy, that's Colin Firth!" I thought she was joking but she was utterly serious. Ooer. And she makes it clear that she *hates* Keira K. for "daring" to replace Jennifer Elhe. Please, get a life, woman.

    Last one: are you attending the Jane Austen festival this Sept? If so, I'll be seeing you there. :)

     
  • At 6:34 pm, Blogger Alex Bordessa said…

    Looking forward to seeing your report on the book launch!

    Saw the column in Solander; well done - so you'll be in every edition from now on?

     
  • At 4:50 pm, Blogger Kate Allan said…

    Maili - I'm doing the Jane Austen Fayre in August. Can't do the festival in Sept because of work but I'm sure both events will be buzzing.

    Alex - yes, I need to start thinking what next time's column can cover. Any ideas, let me know!

     
  • At 5:25 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hope you enjoyed the party! And well done on your first issue of Solander.

    If you're thinking about revivals... that sort of links to childhood memories... so you've been tagged (vbeg)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home