Kate Allan

The online diary of Kate Allan, author

Saturday, April 08, 2006

A scoop!

Among my ordinary writing activities, journalism comes pretty low down the list. However, not this week. It would appear, within the small confines of the UK book trade / writing press anyway, that I scooped a story!

This is about a brand new independent publisher in the UK who will be publishing a general fiction list and are currently actively seeking submissions. First books are due to be out this autumn. A couple of telephone calls and it became apparent that the interview which I'd asked the founder of aforementioned publisher for for Solander magazine, which I am features editor for, hadn't been published elsewhere.

So, if you're a subscriber, you'll see it in the next issue of UK writing magazine, Writers News.

Or, if you're a member of the Historical Novels Society, there will be my interview (with luck) with Solander, especially in relation to this publisher's personal interest in historical fiction.

I can't reveal the publisher here yet, but if you are an aspiring author with a fiction manuscript ready to submit for publication, and you promise not to go public for a week or so, email me and I'll send you the details.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home