Kate Allan

The online diary of Kate Allan, author

Thursday, April 28, 2005

And we have a winner!

Thank you to everyone who took the time and trouble to enter my very first blog competition. There were many super ideas, and it was actually very difficult to pick just one winner.

And so the winner is… drum roll… Nell Dixon.


The winning title is Manners and Morals which I think is a great title and would certainly work to give potential readers a clue that the story is something to do, or in the style of, or follower of, or from the school of Jane Austen.

Nell is also an authorblogger. Nell, please do e-mail me your address so I can send you a copy of The Lady Soldier.

I’m not able to use Manners and Morals for THE RAKE because it does not quite fit the story and the story’s themes, but the good news is that I do have a new title idea of my own which I think will work. Watch this space.

Authors in NW1
I went to an informal Society of Authors do on Tuesday evening, in the basement of a pub close to Marylebone in London. I had a scary moment as I recognised a lady, and she recognised me, and we couldn’t remember where until it came to her that it was at a film party last autumn. Since then we’ve both sold books and so it was great to catch up. Most people there were writing non-fiction or children’s fiction. When I said I wrote fiction, the question which came back straight away was ‘childrens or adult?
Not sure I’m up for introducing myself in future as a writer of ‘adult fiction’. I shall just keep saying ‘fiction’, I think.

2 Comments:

  • At 8:48 pm, Blogger Nell Dixon said…

    OMG! I am so shocked - thank you! I am so excited!

     
  • At 6:50 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Congratulations to the winner!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home