Kate Allan

The online diary of Kate Allan, author

Friday, April 22, 2005

Very first blog competition!

Help! I need a title.

I have a title for THE RAKE (oh, and the good news is that Hale want to see the full manuscript) but I need a better title. Titles are vital to try and optimise. A great title will help a book sell. Simple as that.

I need a title that’s either a play on words of the title of a Jane Austen novel, or something else well known about Jane Austen. A title that will make someone think, ‘ah… Jane Austen?’

The rules are simple. E-mail me your ideas for a title, and I’ll pick the best. Your e-mail can contain as many title ideas as you like. Maybe you’ll see your title in print. At the very least I’ll be sending the winner an advance hardcover copy of The Lady Soldier, which I’ll try my very best to get to you before publication date of 31st May so you can read it before everyone else!

The closing date is Tuesday 26th April, midnight BST.

E-mail me from here, with ‘Blog competition’ in the subject line.

Please do not post your title ideas here. Doing so will invalidate your contest entry.
In entering the competition you agree to grant me exclusive and in perpetuity licence to let me use the winning title for THE RAKE across all media and geographies.

3 Comments:

  • At 10:58 am, Blogger Alex Bordessa said…

    It's OK, I've read your instructions Kate, however: I'm not a Regency/Jane Austen buff, but thought 'Rhyme & Reason' might be a good title. I checked first on Amazon to see whether it had been used already, and it had, and for a Regency Romance! Darn it :-) Back to the drawing board ...

     
  • At 8:57 pm, Blogger Nell Dixon said…

    Congratulations on the request, Kate!

     
  • At 1:11 am, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Congrats on the request, Kate!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home