Kate Allan

The online diary of Kate Allan, author

Monday, July 11, 2005

RNA Conference 2005 - 1

Well, the good news is that there appears to be some light at the end of the tunnel for historical writers... maybe the market could do with a few more historicals, say three leading London agents and, so I was told, independent publisher Piatkus, at the RNA Conference where I was hanging out this weekend.

So guess what I'm writing next. No, actually another agent has suggested that I write a 'fat, serious period novel' and so that is what I'm going to do... as soon as these edits are done and dusted. :)

So what is this RNA Conference?
(n.) A annual gathering of around 120 generally chic and generally slightly bohemian writers of romantic fiction, generally female with the odd elegant male. The 2005 conference was held in the historic surroundings of Royal Holloway college in Egham, Surrey and began with an 'Industry Day' on Friday, which included keynote speakers Martin Neild, MD of Hodder Headline and Mark Le Fanu of the Society of Authors, and ran through until Sunday lunchtime. The highlight for me was the Hale Author Panel on the Saturday, organised by Amanda Grange, and featuring fellow Hale authors Elizabeth Hawksley, Melinda Hammond and Mary De Laszlo. Photos to come...

More tomorrow...

Photo below was one of the very few I managed to take at the gala dinner before my camera battery died, but I've a couple of people promising to send me photos so hopefully they will let me publish them here. Anyone else like to send me photos to post, please do so! You can e-mail me here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home